Tips for securing your first retail space:
14 September 2020
All space owners are cautious about the space they rent to space users. They will want detailed information about you, your company, your brand and concept.
They will also want to ensure that they have a good tenant mix in their shopping centre. Tenant mix is the selection and location of tenants in a shopping centre to maximize the income of the space owner and to provide shoppers with a good experience. It is critical to the success of a shopping centre.
When setting out to rent your first retail space, there are a few things that you will need to consider.
These are the basics that every Space Owner will want to know:
- When do you want to rent the space ?
- How long do you want to rent it for ?
- Do you have a monthly budget for rental ?
- How many square metres will you need ?
- What areas would be ideal for your concept ?
The more specific you can be in providing this information, the more chance you will have of finding the right space.
Information that will be needed:
- Your name and your company name
- What the name of your store will be
- When your business was established
- Details on any other stores that you have
- Your website address
- Your social media accounts
- Details on the products that you will be selling
- Images of your products
- Images showing what the store will look like
Take some time and put a lot of effort into getting this information together. There may be vacant space in a lot of Malls but space owners are still very fussy about who they rent it to. If you need assistance with preparing you pitch, please contact us at email@example.com